Today i really wanted to be our first Sunday Siesta, where we would go to the beach and do nothing. I even made a huge batch of carnitas to feast on the sand, but the clouds did not want to cooperate so we ended up laying out to a bunch of gloom. At least the carnitas were a success. I had planned to serve around 6-8 people and now after calculating it i could probably have served about 30 well stuffed tacos. I’ll have to keep this recipe under my belt for future use, especially since pork butt generally pretty cheap at Ranch 99.
- 4lbs of pork butt
- 4 teaspoons of salt
- 4 teaspoons of pepper
- 3 teaspoons of oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cut onion
- 3 cloves of smashed garlic
- 1 cup of water
- Cut port into 3×3 chunks
- Coat pork with salt, pepper, oregano, cumin
- Put water into slow cooker, with pork and lay onion and garlic on top of the pork
- Cook for 6 hours under the low setting
- Remove pork after cooking, and shred with forks
- Serve with corn tortillas, chopped onions, cilantro, and hot sauce.
- You may have to adjust the taste with salt after its done cooking
- After removing it, let it stand for a half hour to cool and dry off.
- Pan cook the meat after its done cooking, abd you’ll get a nice crisp to the pork.