Friday night after a very quiet week of work Joy and I stayed in to make dinner and watch Game 6 of the Lakers vs. Thunder series. For dinner we made some Spaghetti alla Carbonara which we made with some pancetta that we bought from Fresh & Easy the night before. To go along with the food we actually finished off a bottle of wine that we bought from Bevmo as well.
- 5 oz guanciale (unsmoked cured hog jowl) or pancetta
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 oz Parmigiano-Reggiano, finely grated (3/4 cup)
- 3/4 oz Pecorino Romano, finely grated (1/3 cup)
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
I’m sure the good food, and the good wine made the Lakers basketball game that more intense as the game seemed to be in the Lakers’ hand for most of the game until the Thunder came back and took the lead with just a few minutes left on the clock. I think Joy was going to have a heart attack on the very last play when Pau rebounded and put back Kobe’s last second shot. Facebook got flooded with Go Lakers messages, and all was well in the world.